Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Healthy & Amazingly Simple Cupcake/Muffins

I might be the last person on earth to learn this awesome trick for making muffins and cupcakes but just in case I'm not, I'm going to share it with all of you.

Buy 1 box of spice cake mix or devils food cake mix if you want chocolate.

Mix the box of cake mix, and nothing else, with 1 can of plain pureed pumpkin. NOT pumpkin pie filling.

Drop into greased cupcake tin and bake for abour 20-25 minutes at 350.

That's it!!!

Low fat & SUPER moist. You can frost them, but they don't need it. You can't taste the pumpkin when it's mixed with the devils food cake, just yummy chocolate.

And, bonus, it's a good way to sneak some veggies into your kids :) Add some shredded carrots or raisins to the spice cake mix for more flavor and nutrition.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What size of can?

Katie said...

It was a 15 ounce can (or close to that) :)

New Mommy said...

I tried these Katie... they were delicious!!!