
This is a very good weeknight meal. Thank you Holly, and Kraft Foods, for a great recipe! I did make one small variation to the original and that was to saute the red and green peppers separate and stir them in just before serving. Otherwise, they get lost in the dish and loose their bite. But, for the sake of time, you can throw them in at the beginning of the cooking process. I also cut the recipe down quite a bit to suit 2 people. My variations are noted in bold - we still had enough for 2 more servings.
2 lb. boneless pork loin, cut into bite-sized pieces ( I used 3 lean pork chops) (1lb)
1/2 cup KRAFT Honey Barbecue Sauce
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 large green peppers, coarsely chopped (1 green pepper)
2 large red peppers, coarsely chopped (1 green pepper)
6 cups hot cooked rice (2 cups)
1/4 cup PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, chopped ( I did not use these)
PLACE pork in slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce; mix well.
DRAIN pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Add reserved juice to cornstarch; stir until well blended. Add to pork mixture; stir until well blended. Top with the pineapple chunks and peppers; cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours). Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with the peanuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment