So on the subject of sauces... I had some pork chops to use and decided to grill. I looked through the sauces below and came up with this recipe - a modified version of a few of them.
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 garlic cloves minced
*1 teaspoon adobo sauce - more if you like it spicy
salt to taste
pepper to taste
2 to 3 pork chops
Mix all ingredients above salt in a bowl, heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave and combine.
Place pork chops on grill over medium high heat, season with salt and pepper and top with sauce. Grill about 5 minutes on each side, re-basting often with sauce.
*For a kid friendly sauce omit the adobo sauce, I set a small bowl aside for my son without the adobo sauce and make sauce with the added kick for my husband and I.
I served this with mixed veggies and brown rice
No comments:
Post a Comment